Less than a month to go until we leave for Costa Rica! Our team leaves on June 23 destined for San Jose. I've been working more on making my items since school got out. I've got about six bears made, and I'm going to sew a bunch while on a trip to Atlanta this weekend. Three blankets are completely done, ten others are cut, and four haven't been cut yet. We still haven't got the pillow cases yet, but those won't take long to make so I'm not really worried.
Today my mom helped me roll up the blankets to see how much room it was going to take and how much they were going to weigh. The airline we are taking is very 'low budget,' so to speak. They have really strict luggage restrictions (i.e., the bag can only weigh forty pounds as opposed to fifty as on most airlines, and it can only be sixty two linear inches). I can fit a few blankets in my luggage, and the teddy bears and pillowcases will fit in my backpack. Luckily, one of the leaders of our group has some room in a supply duffel that he is letting me put some blankets in. Hopefully it will all work out!
I'm getting pretty excited! My summer's been pretty boring so far, so it'll be nice to put some excitement into it! It's going to be a good trip. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment