Saturday, April 18, 2015

Yard Sale!



This morning I woke up at 5:20, threw on some clothes, put my hair in a ponytail, and drove through the thick fog to school for our yard sale. We met at 6 am and finished setting up, and the first customers started trickling in soon after. I knew some people were hard core yard salers, but that's so early!

The entire sale was by donation, so people could name their own prices for what they were buying. Some people even gave extra when they heard the money was going for a mission trip. When I left at 10 am, we were giving people bags and charging them $5 for whatever they could fit into it to try and get rid of the stuff! There was so much it looked like we'd barely dented it.

Since we used the school cafeteria and all of the items were donated, 100% of the proceeds will go towards supplies for the trip. I haven't heard a final total yet, but with the generosity of the people in our community my hopes are high for a good total!

No comments:

Post a Comment