Monday, June 22, 2015

Today's the Day!

It's hard to believe it's finally here! The group is meeting at my high school at ten thirty tonight, where we'll weigh our luggage and load up the bus. One of the teachers who goes to church with our leader is driving us down to Atlanta, where we'll take a flight (with a stop) to San Jose, Costa Rica! I think the travel is what I'm looking forward to least; in the end we'll be traveling for somewhere around twelve hours, including time changes, layovers, and drive time. And that's just to get to San Jose! From there we will travel to other cities in Costa Rica over our stay, including one of our leaders' hometown.

I haven't really packed yet, besides the stuff for the orphanage. I've laid a few things out and made my list, but nothing's in a duffel yet. We have to pack light, because in order to keep costs down, two people have to share a suitcase, and that suitcase can't exceed forty pounds.

We've all done so much work to prepare for this trip, and it's been a long time coming. It seems like just yesterday we were making our deposit! I'm excited to see our work pay off and be the hands and feet of Jesus for the people of Costa Rica!

No comments:

Post a Comment